Today we’re taking you on an adventure to test some of the very latest things being developed for Mint 17 and the next LMDE, and to give us feedback.
- A new tool called mintLocale is introduced, which allows you to set your favorite language, to install new languages and to set the system locale. It replaces “Language Support” and in Cinnamon 2.2 it will also replace “Regional Settings”.
- MDM was changed to detect your favorite language and your favorite session. When you select a user, the flag changes to reflect his/her favorite language, and the same thing happens for his/her favorite session.
- MDM also received better multi-monitor support. Previously only one monitor received a signal, they all do now and you can define the color and/or background picture for monitors which do not render the login screen. The “Login Window” configuration tool also lets you choose which monitor is the primary monitor so can define where you want MDM to appear.
- For each project, pick the appropriate deb package (i386 for 32-bit, amd64 for 64-bit) and choose the deb for your version of Linux Mint (among the supported ones: LMDE, Maya, Petra)
- Make sure to run the latest debs from the links below
- After installing or upgrading mdm, please restart the computer to make sure the daemon is up to date.
- When reporting a bug, please mention which release you’re using and give us as much detail as possible so we can reproduce the problem.
- MDM testing covers all greeters (GTK, GDM, HTML), but in the case of HTML please make sure to use either “Mint-X” or “Clouds” (3rd party themes are not supported yet and will need to be updated to work properly with some of the new features in MDM 1.5).
You can get the .deb packages from:
Enjoy, and thanks for your help and feedback!