The following Cinnamon updates are coming up for Linux Mint 17 Qiana.
Because there are a lot of changes and to avoid any potential regression, these updates are now in Romeo.
If you are interested in BETA-TESTING them, please run Menu->Administration->Software Sources and tick the option “Unstable Packages (Romeo)”. Run the Update Manager then, click on Refresh, sort the list of updates by update types and select all Unstable/Romeo updates.
Also please make sure to update any level 1 packages, in particular those related to cinnamon-desktop and send us your feedback in the comment section below.
- Fix Cinnamon background being reset or overwritten by GNOME background at startup.
- Cinnamon Settings: Ignore backspace navigation in GtkSpinButtons and GtkTextViews.
- Keyboard settings: Allow modified Escape key to be used in a keybinding.
- Network applet: Sort wireless access points by showing active or remembered connections first, and all remaining connections in order of strength then.
- HiDPI: Fix popup menu maximum height calculation.
- A11y: Fix magnifier not getting initialized properly.
- Spices management: Fixed “More info” and “Get more online” look and behaviour in certain locales.
- Fix Background Module for python2-pillow 2.5.0-1.
- Few additional bug fixes.
- JS API: Added timers.js to allow spices developers to time things.
- Fixed window tiling into top corner instead of the side when using super-left or super-right.
- Fixed new window starting maximized because another window was previously tiled.
- Search bar now comes down with an animation
- Fixed crash when browsing network shares or unmounting archives/ISO
- Show unmount progress notification when ejecting a drive
- HiDPI: correctly render eject icon in sidebar
- Open-with dialog: Bug fixes and a few improvements
- Fixed apps not appearing on desktop after selecting “Add to desktop”
- Clean up orphaned gtk bookmarks at startup
- Nemo actions: Added support for space character in paths
- Make shutdown and failwhale dialogs use CENTER instead of CENTER_ALWAYS, to stop the small jump the dialogs usually make right after they pop up.
- Logout/Shutdown dialogs: Capture focus and keyboard input and block until dialog is closed.
- session-properties (startup programs): show 0 in the list when there is no startup delay defined, as well as a 0 in the spinner during item edit.
- Block ubuntu indicator-* services from starting.
- Hide the zoom enable shortcut label (it doesn’t use a shortcut anymore) and hide some tabs in the zoom prefs that don’t do anything currently.
- Fixed time being automatically updated/reset back while editing it.
- Sound preferences: Fixed UI jumping slightly when playing Cinnamon sound effects.
- Network preferences: Removed the proxy switch, it doesn’t actually do anything except confuse people. The proxy is used if settings are set.
- Fix upstream bug, preventing start-on-demand dbus service from working.
- Fix Gio overrides for Gio.DBusProxy (This will allow Cinnamon 2.2 to be compatible with 2.4 spices in regards to upcoming dbus changes).