Cinnamon 2.6 updates (Romeo)

Thanks for your feedback on Cinnamon 2.6, the following updates were pushed today.

mint-x-icons

• Updated pidgin tray icons

cinnamon-desktop, cinnamon-session, cinnamon-settings-daemon, cinnamon-screensaver

• Split “use-systemd” configuration key into three different keys for cinnamon-settings-daemon, cinnamon-session and cinnamon-screensaver

Note: In Betsy, you’ll want to set the session and settings-daemon keys to true, and the screensaver key to false. In Mint 17.x, set all keys to false. In systemd distributions, set all keys to true.

nemo

• nemo-application: register with org.gnome.SessionManager – this should fix the race condition where c-s-d dies before nemo does, causing all of our icons to revert to fallbacks briefly.
  • menus: Always show icons in Open With and Templates submenus.
  • nemo-bookmark-list: make sure to keep the bookmarks file writable by the user (and not just root) when running nemo as root.

cinnamon

• Power settings: Don’t rely on output.get_backlight_min|max() to show brightness controls as it’s not reliable with all hardware. Try to get backlight() info directly to see if it’s supported instead.
  • Theme settings: Fixed regression caused by gettext fix ;)
  • Power settings: Don’t show “When the battery is critically low” option with upower 1.0 (it no longer supports that)
  • Power settings: Don’t use variables that don’t exist (in UPS handling)
  • Calendar applet: Refresh view when show-week-numbers setting is changed
  • Network applet: Properly detect active VPN connection at session start when updating the panel icon
  • On-Screen keyboard: Affect Struts
  • On-Screen keyboard: Removed transparent background in default theme.
  • Sound applet: Only read position for seek-supported players, only support seek when playback rate is 1.0, don’t support seek for Totem/GNOME-MPlayer/Pithos (either getting or setting the position isn’t fully functional), only update position at most once per second
  • Systray applet: Factorize icon resize code, removed special cases (we know they don’t work for pidgin and thunderbird)
  • Systray applet: force natural icon sizes for known buggy icons (pidgin, thunderbird)
  • Keyboard settings: Renamed horizontal/vertical maximization options
  • cinnamon-slideshow.py: fix crash when file change
  • expo.js: don’t respond to scrolls when animating
  • cs_general.py: Sync GNOME HiDPI settings
  • Fix panel launcher dnd
  • cinnamon-settings: be compatible with old gi
  • cs_screensaver.py: use gtk_container_foreach instead of gtk_container_forall
  • cs_panel.py: better protection against broken panel config
  • Don’t show stack switcher on applet configuration page
  • Follow date format setting in notification applet
  • Load default icon if icon theme doesn’t have application icon
  • js/docInfo.js: don’t make a thumbnail factory (it never gets used)
  • cinnamon-settings: invert mouse sensitivity setting so it makes sense, eliminate rubber-banding of GSettingsRange by restricting int setting types to whole number adjustments in the slider.
  • cs_privacy: replace broken unbind() – take advantage of the behavior that a new binding will overwrite a previous one on the same object property.
  • Add image for default screensaver preview.
  • cs_screensaver.py: bring the currently selected screensaver row into view when the panel is displayed.
  • menu applet: when refreshing happens, apps, recent and places need to end up in the same order as before. Also, since we empty the whole container during an app refresh, we need to rebuild recent and places.
  • SettingsWidgets: display the correct number of SpinButton digits depending on the step value. (fixes issue with font scale spinner)
  • cs_panel: don’t connect to settings until the page has been constructed. Don’t crash and burn if cinnamon isn’t running.
  • cs_panel: don’t crash when there aren’t any panels
  • osd: fix the media keys osd not showing on top of full screen windows
  • allow disabling of pointer barriers on all panels
  • Added missing method to ExtensionSidePage class, which blocked the update of the indicator of the active theme

110 thoughts on “Cinnamon 2.6 updates (Romeo)

1. exploder May 27,2015 11:56

Could I please get more details on doing this?

• clem May 27,2015 12:13

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session settings-daemon-uses-logind true
      gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session session-manager-uses-logind true
      gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session screensaver-uses-logind false

The git master branch of MDM has support for unlocking the screensaver via logind now, so if you compile that, you can also set the last one to true.

• exploder May 27,2015 12:56

I made the changes and saved them. I still do not have suspend and hibernate in the shut down dialog… Desktop icons no longer change to the default gnome icons, now they just go away when the system restarts.

Shouldn’t I have suspend and hibernate options now?

• exploder May 27,2015 13:00

Here is the file I edited.

600
          Time before session is considered idle
          The number of seconds of inactivity before the session is considered idle.

“cinnamon”
          Session type
          The name of the session to use. Known values are
          “gnome” and “gnome-fallback”.

false
          Whether or not cinnamon-screensaver listens to logind to lock/unlock itself
          If true, it listens to logind. Otherwise it listens to consolekit.

true
          Whether or not cinnamon-session uses logind to suspend/hibernate/shutdown/restart (usually from the shutdown dialog)
          If true, it uses logind. Otherwise it uses consolekit to shutdown/restart and upower to suspend/hibernate. It is only compatible with upower 0.9 and lower versions (not 0.99 or later).

true
          Whether or not cinnamon-settings-daemon uses logind to suspend/hibernate/shutdown (either from media-keys or power-manager)
          If true, it uses logind for all three actions. Otherwise it uses consolekit for shutdown and upower for suspend/hibernate.

• exploder May 27,2015 13:13

Had to change the value to true for the screen lock to work. When I had it set to false the screen would no unlock. Now it is working again.

• exploder May 27,2015 13:20

The behavior with the desktop icons is consistent now. It behaves the same now for logging off as it does with shut down and restart.

• exploder May 27,2015 14:30

Can anyone else running LMDE 2 confirm the suspend and hibernate issue I am seeing?

• exploder May 27,2015 15:04

Guess I should have used the code tags in my previous post…

• exploder May 27,2015 15:54

Tried every possible setting and still no suspend and hibernate… I have no idea how to fix this.

• mohammad-sn May 28,2015 08:10

On LMDE2 I installed systemd-sysv and then changed settings as Clem mentioned, now I have suspend and hibernate options in shutdown dialog.

• clem May 28,2015 09:36

Yes but that means you switched to systemd… ideally we want it to work with logind using sysvinit.

• exploder May 28,2015 10:36

mohammad-sn, I tried doing that also and still did not have suspend and hibernate. I ended up setting things back to the way they were.

• mohammad-sn May 28,2015 11:22

Thanks for making it clear Clem. :)
          exploder, did you restart the system after that? you have to do so to changes take effect.

• exploder May 28,2015 15:04

Yeah, I restarted but still did not get suspend and hibernate back…

2. Anand May 27,2015 12:12

Clem – Thanks, have applied the updates. Below issue I reported is Fixed.
    “cs_panel: don’t crash when there aren’t any panels”

Not sure if you had the chance to read the issue in github. I believe we should issue a warning to the user when last panel is removed as Cinnamon menu also disappears with the panel. IMO, this could put novice users could be lost not knowing how to launch applications. (Alt + F2 is known to all, i suppose)

Another option is for the Desktop Context menu to have Add Panel at least when there are no panels. Similar to Add Desklets and Change Desktop background options available at the moment.

• Anand May 27,2015 12:13

** Sorry! Edit – IMO, novice users could be lost not knowing how to launch applications. (Alt + F2 is not known to all, i suppose)

3. exploder May 27,2015 13:56

The add/remove themes option is now working again.

4. Patrick May 27,2015 14:06

I get some slightly strange behavior from the hot corners since 2.6.

I’m using the lower right corner to bring up the workspace overview, yet since 2.6 I can only activate it when I move the mouse pointer by sliding along the right edge of the desktop.
    When I move there by sliding along the lower edge, nothing happens.
    In contrast the upper left corner, which I use for the Expo plugin seems to work fine.

Is that behavior intended?

5. zrwd May 27,2015 16:13

please let nemo’s mklink return!

6. tlac May 27,2015 18:23

still wrong with latest updates

BUG: missing menu in VMware Player with Mint themes

7. sdod May 27,2015 19:11

Sound applet bugfix with gnome-mplayer working nicely, thanks!

8. otoman May 27,2015 20:33

When I have all players close and press media key OSD working. But when I open Clementine and press media key it stops working… I don’t know if it’s bug but I think you should know it…

9. Isidro May 27,2015 20:47

Windows borders, title bar and buttons are showing some black areas, in some window border themes (atlanta,bright,metabox) in cinnamon 2.6. Previous version has not this issue.
    My system:
    Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit
    kernel 3.13.0-37-generic
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9550 2.66Ghz x 2
    Memory 7.8 Gb
    Graphics NVIDIA G96M (Geforce 9600M GS)

10. Crewp May 28,2015 00:27

Exploder I am running LMDE2 and can confirm there is no suspend or hibernate on the shut down bar.

11. Avenzel May 28,2015 11:22

After I applied this update, my date settings were reset. I had a custom date format and I had to do it again.

12. Daniel May 28,2015 11:33

Was there a problem with the sources? Did some Cinnamon Packages appear for a short time in the regular rebecca-main-repository yesterday?

13. Avenzel May 28,2015 11:35

As with the previous update, I still have the same problem I posted about before:
    “My system became very sluggish after I updated Cinnamon. When this happens, the Cinnamon process uses around 50% of CPU power to the point where my system becomes almost unresponsive.”
    My system is as follows: Mint 17.1 64-bit, kernel 3.16.0-25, Pentium E6300, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 3450. It was running quite well before the update, fast enough, and now it’s like it is in slow motion. And the longer I use it, the worst it gets.

14. Crewp May 28,2015 17:53

Avenzel, I noticed in your post you are using kernel 3.16.0-25 I thought LM 17.1 was using 3.13 maybe I’m wrong because I use LMDE, but could that cause trouble in your system?

• Avenzel Jun 1,2015 20:37

This is strange, suddenly, without me changing anything, my system is running OK again. It’s been 4 days now – so plenty of testing – and no more issues.

I see now that more people might have the issue I was experiencing and that it may be related with some zombie processes. Couldn’t figure that then but hey, it’s OK now.

15. Tomek May 28,2015 18:13

After updating cinnamon v2.6.2+rafaela to v2.6.3+rafaela, Network Manager Applet has stopped showing icon with lock after connecting to VPN.

• clem May 28,2015 21:03

I fixed the case where it didn’t show a lock at session startup (when VPN was set to automatically connect). Can you describe exactly what you’re doing and what you’re seeing at each step?

• Tomek May 28,2015 22:24

Thanks for Your response.
        I’m not using automatic connection to VPN.
        After logging to my local account I see standard icon of the Network Manager Applet (without lock).
        Next I click on the NMA icon and connect to VPN.
        On version 2.6.2+rafaela the icon was changing, but on version 2.6.3+rafaela, the icon doesn’t change.

• clem May 29,2015 07:48

Thanks, it’s now fixed in git.

• Tomek May 31,2015 16:11

The icon doesn’t change on v2.6.4 (I’ve confirmed that it’s changing on v2.6.2).
            My VPN connection is not the default connection – I’m only using it for resources on its network; when this option is unchecked, the icon is changing after connecting to VPN on v2.6.4.
            Also I’ve noticed that when You comment line 1956 of applet.js (activated = a;), then while connecting to VPN, the icon is changing to ‘network-vpn-acquiring’ (the same icon as on v2.4.x).

• clem May 31,2015 17:01

The applet icon reflects the default device (i.e. the one used for default routes). In case it’s a different one for ipv4 and ipv6 it shows the one for ipv4.

16. Ziktofel May 28,2015 22:13

An another thing: the smart panel hiding for window sizes it includes shadow. What about using the actual window size without the shadow to compute if to hide the panel?

17. Jeremy May 29,2015 00:22

You are probably already aware of theses 2 bugs but it will be awesome if they can be fixed for the coming new Cinnamon release:

If these too can fixed too it will be great, but I think they need more time:

A last one, I really hope this one will be fixed for sure before the release:

Anyway, thank you very very much ;)

18. exploder May 29,2015 10:59

I see Cinnamon 2.6.4 listed on DistroWatch, will this or the new version of MDM fix the suspend and hibernate problem in Betsy?

Other than that bug everything else looks great!

I have installed Cinnamon 2.6 on my laptop and my kids computer that are both running the main edition and everything works well.

19. exploder May 29,2015 11:47

This morning I noticed memory use was going up. I ran the top command and found there is now one zombie process. This is running Betsy.

20. exploder May 30,2015 00:13

Several hours of normal use and now there are 8 zombie processes…

21. exploder May 30,2015 00:25

Theses are all python related issues. You can compare the PID’s in the terminal to their matches in system monitor.

• exploder May 30,2015 01:01

Just checked the kid’s computer running the main edition, there are 4 zombie processes also. It’s mintUpdate causing the issue. Turning it off stops the zombie processes from happening.

• clem May 30,2015 11:58

Can you “ps –ef –forest” to see what python is launching and get more info about parents/children of these processes?

• exploder May 30,2015 12:56

I ran the command on the kid’s computer running the main edition but it gives me an error and I do not know what switch to use?

I do not think it is coming from mintUpdate now because it was not running on the kid’s P4 system at the time the zombie process showed up this morning.

I am still waiting for the zombie process to show up on my system with LMDE 2. Yesterday it would show up minutes after boot but of course now that I want it to show up it hasn’t yet.

My computer has not been on very long, the kids system has been on for a few hours. If you know what switch to use I can try this again.

• exploder May 30,2015 13:43

Cinnamon Screen Saver is the culprit.

• exploder May 30,2015 13:54

I set Cinnamon Screensaver to 1 minute with top running. As soon as I moved the mouse to tun off the screensaver a second zombie process appeared. There is no doubt Cinnamon Screensaver is the cause of the problem.

This is with the additional screensavers installed as in your earlier post about adding more of them.

• exploder May 30,2015 13:58

I can reproduce this every time even with the default screensavers.

• clem May 30,2015 14:06

Don, give us more info.. what’s your screensaver settings? Which process is defunct (run ps -ef –forest already!) :))

• exploder May 30,2015 14:27

Here are my screensaver settings. As you can see the command you gave me does not work without a switch and I can’t seem to figure it out…

Also, clicking on the lock screen in the menu does not trigger this. Only letting the screensaver come on by setting a time for it triggers this. As soon as I move the mouse to stop the screensaver a zombie processes appears

I set it for 1 minute to test.I can reproduce this in both Betsy and the main edition.

As you can see in my screen shot I tried the command as user and root.

• exploder May 30,2015 14:35

Just set your screensaver to come on in 1 minute with top running to reproduce this. I get this on 3 computers running the main edition and 1 running Betsy.

• exploder May 30,2015 14:41

Locking the screen from the menu will not trigger this when you move the mouse to turn it off and unlock the system.

• clem May 30,2015 14:40

hi Don, put two – signs in front of “forest”

• clem May 30,2015 14:44

Also, which screensaver do you run? xscreensaver? and if so which one?

• clem May 30,2015 14:48

root 1917 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
            root 2014 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cron
            root 2032 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -C /etc/cups/cup
            root 2046 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cups-browsed
            message+ 2122 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon –system
            root 2162 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
            avahi 2190 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 avahi-daemon: running [exploder.
            avahi 2191 2190 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 \_ avahi-daemon: chroot helper
            don 3548 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gconf/
            don 3556 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-trash –spaw
            don 3558 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-metadata
            don 3579 1 0 10:31 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/dconf/dconf-service
            don 3602 1 0 10:32 ? 00:00:00 conky -c /home/don/.conky/Fr

• exploder May 30,2015 14:53

Sorry… Inserting code did not work so well but at least we have to results.

22. Jimbo May 30,2015 10:11

Hi Clem, I’m running Linux Mint 17.1 – Cinnamon 2.4.8+rebecca and I have an old Intel G41 chipset GPU (socket 775 mobo for Core 2 Duos)

just very recently I am getting slight screen corruption. Basically some flickering patches noise on screen. I don’t know if this is due to any recent update. I’m going to run memtest to eliminate hw issues.

Also, there’s a long standing issue I’ve encounter: It gets sluggish periodicly after some period of time. Moving windows stutters for example. BUT if I open the Cinnamon debugger (Ctrl + L) and go to the Memory tab and do a Full Garbage Collection, it immediately restores performance! The problem is I have to do this regularly :(

I’ve also encountered the freezing as indicated in https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/4072 in the past too. But I haven’t encountered it recently. Maybe it’s because I try to do garbage collection more often now?

23. MisterE May 30,2015 14:53

Hi Mint team,

cinnamon is a great desktop environment thanks for that. I’ve tested cinnamon 2.6.3 from romeo repository could it be bug that the dropbox tray icon is missing? I can reproduce this bug/feature 1st on my desktop and 2nd on my notebook both with LM 17.1 and cinnamon 2.6.3.

Best regards

24. exploder May 30,2015 15:23

@ Clem

Any luck with the suspend and hibernate bug in Betsy?

• exploder May 30,2015 16:37

What about the MDM solution you mentioned before? Any chance of seeing the updated version in Betsy? I know there are other things to be concerned about but this is a big problem with Betsy.

• exploder May 30,2015 16:51

Never mind. I read the changes again and all the new version seems to fix is the screen lock with systemd.

• clem May 30,2015 17:45

I’ve a couple more things planned for MDM so I’m holding it for now.

• clem May 30,2015 17:49

Tested on a macbook pro, running Betsy, cinnamon 2.6.3 and sysvinit-core, settings-daemon-uses-logind and session-manager-uses-logind set to true –> the shutdown dialog shows suspend and hibernate.

• clem May 30,2015 17:52

Don, you can ask logind directly if it thinks your computer is able to suspend. Install ‘d-feet’ and run it. In the ‘system bus’ find org.freedesktop.login1, go into org.freedesktop.login1.Manager and double-click on Methods->canSuspend(). Click on the Execute button and it should say ‘yes’. If it says ‘no’ then it’s logind telling Cinnamon your computer isn’t suspendable.

• exploder May 30,2015 17:54

I have tried that on an HP 655 Laptop and on my HP desktop with no change.

25. s2o May 30,2015 17:21

With debian Jessie and Cinnamon 2.6.3
    I get back the suspend and hibernate buttons with the Clem’s solution:

Got installed: systemd-sysv, and executed:
    gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session settings-daemon-uses-logind true
    gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session session-manager-uses-logind true
    gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.session screensaver-uses-logind false

On the other hand with this version of Cinnamon:
    – Spotify can be opened from sound applet http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=173024.

– I think that this version uses less memory (it’s a feeling)

Great!

• exploder May 30,2015 17:52

Thanks s2o! I have tried that twice now on 2 different systems and no luck… I have tried everything I can think of and still can not get suspend and hibernate back.

I tied it on both my desktop and laptop, completely different hardware. I see this as a major issue especially for people running Betsy on a laptop.

It’s funny because these features work perfectly with Cinnamon 2.4.

• clem May 30,2015 17:54

Btw Don, you’ve a lot of feedback, it would be really good if you could join the IRC #linuxmint-dev more often. We’re there almost every day and we could chat there much better than here. PS: dalcde just fixed the zombie issue in cinnamon-screensaver.

26. RayoVerde May 30,2015 19:20

Am I the only one who is suffering black areas in the windows borders and buttons, in my favorite border theme?

• RayoVerde May 30,2015 19:22

Previous version of Cinnamon had not this issue

Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit
      kernel 3.13.0-37-generic
      Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9550 2.66Ghz x 2
      Memory 7.8 Gb
      Graphics NVIDIA G96M (Geforce 9600M GS)

27. KDB May 30,2015 19:58

This tray icon for file transfer is still broken: http://segfault.linuxmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/screenshot_area_2013-09-12_124842.png

Regards,
    KDB

28. KDB May 30,2015 20:00

Additionally, at the end of a transfer, it stays at 99% for one minute before closing the transfer…

KDB

29. Crewp May 30,2015 21:04

I’m still having the same issue Exploder was having with no suspend or hibernate on my shutdown menu. I’m running LMDE 2 Betsy, on an HP Vision 2000 laptop with Cinnamon 2.6.3

• KDB May 30,2015 22:18

In my case, the commands & parameters given by Clem fixed this problem after a reboot.
      I’m wondering where is the difference between your system and mine. :S

30. Crewp May 30,2015 22:57

KDB, I got it, Clem was right. I think I entered something wrong early ( my bad )

31. exploder May 30,2015 23:23

Crewp, I did exactly the same as you and now I have suspend and hibernate! Now to try and figure out why it did not work all the other times I tried/

32. Crewp May 31,2015 00:03

I’m glad it worked :)

33. exploder May 31,2015 00:29

One last question. I wonder if these settings will be set by default in the stable Cinnamon 2.6 packages for Betsy?

• clem May 31,2015 01:22

No they won’t. They’ll be set as overrides (so default in LMDE yes) via an update to mint-artwork-cinnamon. In other words cinnamon will set them all as False but mint-artwork-cinnamon will set them well.. in the end users won’t have to mess with them.

… or it might be done by another package (since mint-artwork-cinnamon is the same in Mint/LMDE), but same story.. they’ll be set properly for LMDE2 users.

• exploder May 31,2015 13:46

Thanks! I was just concerned others might run into the same kind of problems I had. For me there is a lot of excitement with Betsy and Cinnamon 2.6. I see more and more people interested in Betsy, even among new users!

I see Cinnamon 2.6 as a huge step forward! In my mind this release sets a new standard because everything that has been taken away in other desktop environments is back in this release. Also, what has been put back is presented in a new modern way.

It really hit home when I saw that I could run the Kaleidoscope screen saver in Cinnamon. This particular screen saver was originally released as Kaleid 95 years ago. It was one of the first things I ever installed on a computer. My Dad gave me the software, it was his favorite and he used it for years! Dad passed away last year, he lost his battle with cancer. I think about my Dad every time I see this screen saver come on on Mint.

A simple screen saver was what got me interested in testing Cinnamon 2.6 and it really made me look hard for bugs! Needless to say, this version of Cinnamon holds a special meaning for me.

34. Cinnamoon Jun 1,2015 17:16

Hello Clem,

I’m seeing that LM Cinnamon 17.2 has not been released yet. In a previous post on the LM blog you wrote “…[possibly] postponed to get more content/features”.

Therefore, I would like to give some crucial input of I was really critically missing when I really seriously needed it, only to find out Cinnamon does not have that:

-There is no WIFI WPA: Last time I wanted to get WIFI access by pushing a button on my WIFI router to establish a connection, or type in some WIFI pin in LM, such an option did not exist in LM Cinnamon…i.e. there is no option to key in the WPA access code to quickly establish a connection…also, when pressing the WPA button, nothing happened in LM Cinnamon.

-Have you included some silverlight equivalent in LM Cinnamon, so as to watch online contect (like Amazon and other streaming services)?

Look forward to your reply. Thank you.

35. asympdote Jun 2,2015 13:33

Just updated to 2.6.6 on Arch and it’s looking lovely as ever.

Feature request though: Panel transparency functionality. It’d be amazing if we could custom set the panel’s opacity (like on XFCE) without delving into CSS code. How about it?

Regardless, thanks so much for creating the best DE.

36. Herr Dierk Jun 2,2015 15:02

Hi Guys, first of all, I love the new version of Cinnamon. I think this is one of the greatest DE’s ever seen on a Linux-machine. Thanks to the Mint-team ! I think I may have experienced a little bug, but I’m not 100% sure. When I go to power management and look at batteries, first I see my laptop and my mouse. When I wait a few seconds I see again 2 items and 2 seconds later again 2 more.

I have only the laptop and a wireless mouse. There is no other wireless hardware in the room.

Maybe this has an other reason, but I do not have the knowledge to find out.
    (and I hope this one isn’t posted before, in that case you may delete this one)

Screen copy in Dutch language settings : http://postimg.org/image/zehw381xn/
    Screen copy in English language settings : http://postimg.org/image/bosgej3kb/

Greetings from a happy Mint user

• Herr Dierk Jun 2,2015 17:58

O, btw, this happens only when using the batterypower from the laptop. If it is plugged in, it shows the correct values.

• exploder Jun 2,2015 18:44

Is this on the Ubuntu based edition? I ask because I am not seeing this in LMDE 2 Betsy.

• exploder Jun 2,2015 18:59

I can confirm this under the main edition. I just tested on my laptop and found the same behavior except that my wireless mouse battery is not showing up like in Betsy. The same mouse shows up in the power settings under Betsy but not with the main edition.

I did get the laptop battery listed multiple times though. Looks like something to do with how it is refreshing the information.

• Herr Dierk Jun 2,2015 19:43

Indeed on the ubuntu based edition. Glad I’, not the only one with this behavior .-)

• exploder Jun 2,2015 20:05

I brought up what you found in the latest announcement so Clem and the other developers will be sure to see it. Thanks for pointing this out!

37. bendney Jun 3,2015 14:05

why cinnamon 2.6 forbid root account

• bendney Jun 3,2015 14:31

sorry, it’s nothing to do with cinnamon, it’s cinnamon-menus

38. bendney Jun 3,2015 14:30

why cinnamon-menus can’t startup normollly in root mode?

39. kris Jun 21,2015 19:05

When suspend and hibernate button back?

40. steve Jul 6,2015 17:12

Clem,
    I just upgraded to cinnamon 2.6 But, part of the upgrade deleted cinnamon and never reloaded a new one.
    Now I cannot boot it says cinnamin not found and errors saying; cannot locate virtual box? How can I copy a version of cinnamon onto my failing system?